Preparation is the key to ensure work christmas parties run smoothly
- Ensuring everyone knows what is expected of them prior to the Christmas party.
- Provide appropriate monitoring and supervision by managers
- Suggest a dress code to ensure professionalism
- Have a complaints process
- Encourage moderate alcohol consumption and highlight the dangers of excessive drinking.
- Serve sufficient food with alcohol.
- Set reasonable function finishing times to avoid excessive drinking.
- Limit alcohol consumption – voucher system, placing time limits on alcohol supplies.
- Organise a staff member to be trained in first aid