“You never get a second chance to make a first impression”
Knowing what to wear on a job interview is half the battle of the interview itself. Your appearance is extremely important.
Some guidelines which may help:-
- Make sure your clothes are neatly ironed and pressed. Nothing gives away the lack of attention to detail than wrinkled clothing.
- Make sure your clothing fits properly.
- Don’t wear flashy jewellery. You want the interviewer to pay attention to you and not your bling.
- Dress according to the season.
- Don’t wear perfume or aftershave. You never know if the interviewer is allergic to this.
- Nice clean haircut – make sure you’re well groomed.
- For men, keep facial hair to a minimum.
- For women, don’t wear anything that is too revealing. It’s best to keep your body parts inside your clothing and not to be exposed.
- Don’t overdo your makeup. Wear natural colours and avoid heavy eye shadow and eyeliner.
- Make sure the colour of your belt matches the colour of your shoes